Fast - Free Nationwide Pickup!|
Donate your car and we usually pick it up within one to two business days from the time the online donate a car form is submitted.
| Donate Car Process | Acceptable donated cars | Your Donation | Title Needed? | Fees? |
Donate a car process - The easy donate a car process
- Completely fill in the online donate a car form. Enter all information requested about the automobile.
- You can always cancel after you submit the form. If you have a comment or question enter it on the form in the Comments area.
- Submit the form by pressing the ENTER key on your keyboard. Or click on the Submit Button.
- You will be contacted by e-mail, usually within minutes, by a qualified e-mail consultant.
- Read the single page of instructions that are sent.
- You will be contacted by the towing company, usually within 24 hours, to arrange pickup.
- Notify us by e-mail when the automobile has been picked up along with your signed off Certificate of Title and keys.
- We will immediately mail you your official tax receipt.
top of page
Most donated cars are acceptable. Many cars do not need to be running. It depends on the year of the car and its condition.
In our experience we have found that Teddy Bear Cops donate a car charity accepts more cars than most charities.
We suggest you fill out the online donation form as we will let you know within hours if the car is accepted.
Boats donations are only acceptible if they are on trailers. We accept many RVs, motor homes, trucks, etc.
Most motorcycles are accepted. Pop-up campers are not accepted.
Top of page
Your Donation - What happens to the donated car?
Your old car will not be junked.
You can turn that car into a bunch of teddy bears to help children in crisis. Your car will be picked up free of charge and towed to a dealer's auction. We do not "junk" cars or sell cars for parts.
In this way the car is not "junked". Our country's resources are not wasted. The car is recycled which helps everyone and improves the environment.
A portion of the proceeds will go to the Teddy Bear Cops Program.
Top of page
The Certificate of Title is a document that proves ownership of the car. The only way to transfer ownership is to have a Certificate of Title, called the Title...sometimes referred to as the "pink slip".
In order to complete the donation process, as described above, the title must be present and signed off by the donor so that the new owner can assume ownership and responsibility.
If you have lost your title you can usually obtain a duplicate within hours or days depending on the state you are in. Be sure to inquire and be sure to ask about fast turnaround. Sometimes there is a small fee for a fast turnaround.
Donating a car without a title means the donor is still responsible for anything that occurs to the automobile after it leaves his or her hands.
Of course the car would have to be paid up and there can be no bank loan (lien) showing on the title.
If a car is picked up without the title the charity may have to pay storage fees, so we insist, unless the vehicle is very valuable, that the signed off title be presented at the time of pickup.
Top of page
Fees? Free Pickup Nationwide
There are no fees to the donor for this process.
However, if the car is in storage, or at an auto repair shop or dealer, or has been impounded all fees due must be paid prior to the arrival of the towing company to pick up the automobile.
There are no towing charges.
Top of page